Thierry Aigon artisan glaciercier
After his apprenticeship with his father and his C.A.P. diploma (National Vocational Qualification in Confectionary and chocolate making) in 1985, Thierry Aigon travels the country, attends many training courses and participates in many national contests. He is notably the French vice-champion in sculpture and ice-cream desserts.
In 1993, he takes over his father’s pastry shop and opens his first boutique in Ruoms, then another one in Vallon Pont d’Arc, in 1999. In May 2015, along with Magali, his wife, he opens a brand new workshop for ice-cream making and a museum , unique in France, dedicated to the ice-cream and its history. All the ice-creams suggested there are prepared without any added artificial coloring or flavouring.
Thierry Aigon says :
« The making of our ice-creams, it’s the old tradition with the modern technique ! » !
thierry aigon artisan glacier
Formation et Parcours
- National Vocational Qualification in Confectionary and chocolate making in 1985
- Graduation from the Superior National Institute in Pastry in 1994
- Paris Lenôtre School, 1995, 1996, 1997
- French vice-Champion in individual desserts, 1996
- Pastry Biennal, 1998
- Superior National Institute in frozen desserts, 1998, 1999, 2000
- French vice-Champion in ice sculpture 1998, 1999, 2000
- Semifinalist « Meilleur ouvrier de France » (Best craftsmen competition in France)
- Title of « Maitre Artisan » (Artisan Master) 2008
- Jury member of the “Meilleur Ouvrier de France glacier” contest (Best artisan ice-cream maker)
- He was elected “France Artisan ice-cream maker” in 2017 by the National Confederation of French Artisan ice-cream makers.
- Golden star distinction in Crafts 2017
- Economy trophy 2017
WHERE HE IS REFERRED TO
Through some articles and newspaper clippings, here is Thierry Aigon’s career : from his childhood to the opening of his museum of the ice-cream history, a lifetime dedicated to the love of good food is told